Most executives would agree that periodically sharpening their skills helps them stay competitive. Skills training helps executives lead their organization in ways that ensure they can adapt to changing business environments and effectively guide their organizations through challenges and opportunities.
Two organizations that help executives sharpen their skills are Vistage and Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO).
These leadership groups offer executives a way to continuously improve their skills by honing their strategic thinking and decision-making. This blog will help you understand how YPO and Vistage can help your performance improve in high level leadership roles.
What Is Vistage?
Vistage is a membership organization for CEOs, business owners, and top executives. This organization provides its members with access to resources, tools, and expert advice to help leaders make better decisions, improve company performance, and achieve professional and personal goals.
Founded in 1957, Vistage has more than 45,000 members from a wide range of industries in over 35 countries worldwide. The organization offers a variety of services, including executive coaching, peer advisory groups, and access to a network of experienced business leaders.
What Is YPO?
YPO (founded in 1950 as the Young Presidents’ Organization) is a global leadership community of chief executives and business leaders. It is a membership-based organization that provides access to resources, tools, and a network of peers to help its members improve their businesses and develop leadership skills. YPO members are typically CEOs, managing directors, or business owners of companies of $13 million or more. The organization offers several services, including executive education, peer-to-peer learning, and networking opportunities. With more than 30,000 members in 142 countries, YPO remains an essential resource for executive education.
How Can Vistage and YPO Help Sharpen the Skillset of Executive Leadership?
Vistage and YPO can help executives in several ways. Both organizations provide access to resources, tools, and expert advice to help executives make better decisions, improve their companies, and achieve their goals. Some specific ways these leadership organizations can help include:
- Peer advisory groups where executives can share best practices with other business leaders in a confidential setting. These groups provide a platform to discuss challenges, exchange ideas, and receive peer feedback.
- Executive coaching connects experienced mentors who can help members develop leadership skills, overcome challenges, and achieve their professional and personal goals.
- Training and development, including conferences, webinars, and workshops to help members stay current on industry trends and business best practices.
- Networking opportunities for members to connect with other business leaders to build a more robust web of professional resources. Networking is valuable for gaining new perspectives, sharing ideas, and finding customers, potential partners, or even their next professional position.
- Access to experts in different fields to keep leaders aware of the strategy, finance, marketing, and technology trends.
Prosum understands the power of education on executive leadership teams.Our own Co-CEO’s, Ken Aster and Ravi Chatwani, are both active in these organizations. They both have leveraged the power of these organizations and the relationships they have built over the years to bring back knowledge to Prosum so that we can continue to thrive and grow our business. Our partnerships also encompass professional assistance in helping other leaders with their IT talent strategy. Find out how Prosum can help your business. Contact us at 1-888-318-4780 or email@example.com.