Tech talent understands that to make it to the top, they must focus on continuous learning. There is simply no other way to be the best in your chosen field. With technology changing so rapidly, evolving your skills requires effort. Otherwise, the skills listed on your resume can quickly become outdated. Fortunately, there are all kinds of IT certifications out there to help you up the ante on the skills employers look for. If you want to be considered top tech talent by the best IT staffing agencies, these are the most in-demand certifications for the coming year.
Top 12 IT Certifications for 2023
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect is a cloud certification that requires one year of experience in AWS before taking the exam.
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE) is a security credential that shows you can mitigate risk and enhance efficiency with scalable privacy solutions. You must have three years of experience in IT privacy architecture before taking this exam.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) shows you are credentialed in cloud applications and infrastructure security. You must have five years of cumulative work experience in IT with three of those years in cybersecurity to qualify to take this test.
- Certified Data Professional (CDP) certifications have several channels including business analytics, governance, integration, and more. Qualifications to take these tests depend on the credential you choose.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification is important if you are a white hat trying to drive out security vulnerabilities in an organization. For cybersecurity experts, this ranks as a distinctly “cool” certification to have.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is a cybersecurity credential for monitors of large infrastructures. You must have five years in the field to take this exam.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRIS) certifies top tech talent in how to design and monitor system controls, including cybersecurity. You must have three years of experience to go after this credential.
- Certified Scrum Alliance (CSM) is a project management credential that is also perfect for IT teams. You do not need industry experience to take this test.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional certification (CCNP) has seven specialties within the designation, each related to their specific technology. From data center, security, collaboration, and more, each certification requires specific experience and credentials to take these tests.
- CompTIA has multiple credentials that can set you apart to employers and staffing agencies. Always well thought of in the industry, these credentials cover everything from network infrastructure design and deployment to cybersecurity, and more.
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect shows you have skills in Google cloud. Like CompTIA, there are several certifications to choose from. This is a must-have for modern engineers.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert (MCSA) lets top employers understand you know your way around the Azure cloud. Generally, an AWS, Google, or Azure certification is a good baseline for showing your cloud expertise.
Prosum helps top tech talent find meaningful work. We provide IT staffing solutions and IT staff augmentation to employers in Denver, Los Angeles, and Phoenix. Prosum is considered the best IT staffing agency in these markets. Find out why by giving us a call today.